TRICARE is a health program for:
- Uniformed Service membersIncludes active duty and retired members of the: U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service and the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association. and their families,
- National Guard/Reserve membersIncludes members of the:
and their families,
- Army National Guard
- Army Reserve
- Navy Reserve
- Marine Corps Reserve
- Air National Guard
- Air Force Reserve
- U.S. Coast Guard Reserve
- Former spouses,
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families, and
- Others registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Types of Beneficiaries
- Sponsors—active duty, retired and Guard/Reserve members.
- Family members—spouses and children who are registered in DEERS.
Your benefits and plans will vary depending on your beneficiary category. Click on the link below that best describes you to learn more: