ECHO Autism Demonstration
The ECHO Autism Demonstration provides Tiered Model ABA services to active duty family members who register in the Extended Care Health Option (ECHO).
Who’s eligible for the ECHO Autism Demo?
The demonstration is available to active duty family members who are:
- Registered in the ECHO program
- Age 18 months and older
- Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
If you’re already getting ABA services through the ECHO Autism Demo, you don’t need to do anything now. You’ll be moved automatically to the new Autism Care Demonstration by December 31, 2014.
If you have a new ASD diagnosis, contact your regional contractor to find out how to get started.
Tiered-Model ABA Services
The demonstration covers Tiered-Model ABA services that:
- Implement basic principles of ABA that focus on changing the child's behavior
- Use scientific behavioral data to identify functional relationships between environmental events and behavior
- Track progress in reaching objectives and goals identified in the treatment plan and periodically modifies the plan to adapt to the child's response
- Incorporate parent training for family members and caregivers
- Require meetings between family members and caregivers, and those designing and implementing the plan
You can get these Tiered Model ABA services from a:
- Bachelor’s level Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analysts or
- Non-certified ABA tutors supervised by a qualified:
- Bachelor's level Board Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst, or
- Master's level or above Board Certified Behavior Analyst