Active Duty Dental Care
Active duty service members (including activated Guard/Reserve members) receive most dental care at military dental treatment facilities.
- Civilian dental care is coordinated through the TRICARE Active Duty Dental Program, administered by United Concordia Companies, Inc. (United Concordia) in the following locations:
- United States
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico
- American Samoa
- Northern Mariana Islands
- in all other overseas areas, host-nation dental care is coordinated through the overseas contractor, International SOS.
Qualifying for the Active Duty Dental Program
The Active Duty Dental Program is available to active duty and activated Guard/Reserve members who:
Active Duty Service Members:
If covered by the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP), you're not eligible for the Active Duty Dental Program.
You may also qualify in the following scenarios:
- Up to 180 days before you go on active duty if you receive delayed-effective-date orders
- When covered by TAMP after serving on active duty for more than 30 days in support of a contingency operation
- When you are no longer on active duty or covered by TAMP and the dental care needed is related to a line of duty injury (official documentation is required)
Public Health Service Officers:
You're covered by the U. S. Public Health Service Active Duty Dental Program, administered by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MetLife).