TRICARE Retired Reserve
TRICARE Retired Reserve is a premium-based plan available worldwide for retired Reserve members, their families and survivors who qualify.
If purchased, TRICARE Retired Reserve is minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
- Retired Reserve members who are:
- Members of the retired Reserve of a Reserve Component who are qualified for non-regular retirement under 10 U.S.C., Chapter 1223
- Under age 60
- Not eligible for, or enrolled in, the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) program
- Family members of qualified Retired Reserve members
- Survivors of retired Reserve members if:
- The sponsor was covered by TRICARE Retired Reserve when he or she died.
- They are immediate family members of the deceased sponsor (spouses cannot have remarried).
- TRICARE Retired Reserve coverage would begin before the date the deceased sponsor would have turned 60 years old.
Note: Survivor coverage is not affected by FEHB eligibility.
TRICARE Retired Reserve provides comprehensive health coverage. >>View Covered Services
Schedule an appointment with any TRICARE-authorized provider, network or non-network. >>Find a Doctor
- If you visit a non-network provider, you'll pay higher cost shares and may have to file your own health care claims.
- If you visit a network provider, you'll pay lower cost shares and the provider will file health care claims for you.
Referrals are not required but you may need prior authorization from your regional contractor for some types of services.
>>Learn More about Getting Care
TRICARE Retired Reserve Costs
You are required to pay monthly premiums and cost shares if you decide to purchase TRICARE Retired Reserve. >>Learn More
Is TRICARE Retired Reserve Right for You?
TRICARE Retired Reserve may be the right option for you and your family if you qualify. The plan provides comprehensive health care coverage upon your retirement and you do not have to wait until you reach age 60 and begin drawing retired pay to purchase the plan. Plus, because you can see any provider, you don't have to change providers if you already have one.
If you don't qualify, you won't be able to complete or print the form. Contact your National Guard or Reserve personnel office for assistance. If you experience a technical problem, call 1-800-477-8227 for assistance.
>>Learn More about Purchasing TRICARE Retired Reserve
Need help with the DMDC Reserve Component Purchased TRICARE Application?
For technical assistance or to report system problems with the site, please call the DMDC Support Center at 1-800-477-8227.