North Region Instructions
Requesting Travel Orders
Once you have an approved PCM referral and authorization from Health Net, submit a copy of the referral or authorization to the TRICARE Regional Office (TRO)-North Prime Travel Benefit Office with an Intake Form.
- Get a copy of your authorization by calling Health Net at 1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273).
- If you qualify, the TRO-North travel office will issue Invitational Travel Orders.
- Contact the TRO-North at 1-866-307-9749 or 1-703-588-1869/1867 if you have questions.
After the care is received, submit all receipts for expenses to your travel representative.
Send the intake form, travel voucher, statement of actual expenses and copies of receipts to the TRO-North Prime Travel Benefit office via mail or fax:
TRICARE Regional Office-North
ATTN Prime Travel
1700 N. Moore St., Suite 1200
Arlington VA, 22209
All payments are made by electronic funds transfer (EFT). After your first authorized trip, submit an EFT Authorization Form to the TRO-North.
- You won't need to submit the form again for future travel expenses unless there is a change to your preferred reimbursement account.
- The patient and NMA must each submit an EFT form and cannot be reimbursed for the same travel expense.
Travel claims are processed using the Defense Travel System.
- Include receipts for all reasonable travel expenses with each claim.
- Government rates are used to estimate the reasonable cost.