TRICARE Prime Remote
TRICARE Prime Remote is available in designated remote locations in the United States:
- For active duty service members and activated Guard/Reserve members
- Active duty family members must live with the sponsor to enroll
- Family members of activated Guard/Reserve members may enroll if they live in a designated remote location at when the sponsor is activated (and don't move from that address).
To see if you live in a designated remote location:
Step 1: Choose a Primary Care Manager
If there are network providers in your area, you will list a network provider as your primary care manager (PCM). Find a network PCM in your region:
If a network PCM is not available, you can select any TRICARE-authorized provider as your PCM. Call your regional contractor first to make sure the provider is certified.
Step 2: Enroll Online, Over the Phone or by Mail
- Enroll all family members on one enrollment form
- If you have questions if you have special cirmcumstances, you can call your regional contractor first to discuss your options.
* You need a Common Access Card (CAC),DFAS (MyPay) Account, or a DoD Self-Service Logon to log in to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website.
Step 3: Get Started with TRICARE Prime Remote
You'll get a welcome letter listing your PCM (if assigned) and an enrollment card for each family member enrolled after your enrollment is processed.
- Your start date is on your enrollment card.
- Keep a copy of your enrollment form until you get your enrollment card.
- If you need care before getting your card, call your regional contractor to verify your start date and PCM assignment.
If you’re registered on MilConnect, you can sign up to get eCorrespondence. When you do, we’ll notify you by email when your enrollment is active and you can download your enrollment card.