Get Proof of TRICARE Coverage
You can request an "Eligibility Letter" from the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) that shows proof of TRICARE coverage. When requesting proof of coverage online you'll need a:
- Log in to MilConnect
- Select the "Health Care" menu item
- Click "Proof of Insurance"
- Follow the directions to generate and print the letter
Or, you can mail or fax a written request to the DMDC Support Office. Include the following information:
- Sponsor's name and Social Security number
- Name of all family members to be included on the letter
- Name and address of the person the request should be sent to
- Signature of the requestor
||DMDC Support Office
400 Gigling Road
Seaside, CA 93955
TRICARE Wallet Cards
When you enroll in a TRICARE health plan, you usually get a welcome letter and a wallet card for your plan. Each family member will get their own card.
If you need a new wallet card:
- Log in to the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website—click on the "request enrollment card" icon
- If you signed up for eCorrespondence through MilConnect, log in to MilConnect and request a new card
- If you aren’t already signed up for eCorrespondence through MilConnect, you can log in to your MilConnect account and update your preferences to get eCorrespondence >>Learn More
- Call your regional contractor to ask for a new wallet card
Are you a former TRICARE beneficiary?
Contact the DMDC Support Office for a Certificate of Creditable Coverage. The certificate is your proof that you had previous health care coverage under TRICARE.