TRICARE is a health program for:
- Uniformed Service membersIncludes active duty and retired members of the:
U.S. Air Force,
U.S. Marine Corps,
U.S. Coast Guard,
Commussioned Corps of the U.S. Public Health Service, and
Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association. and their families,
- National Guard/Reserve membersIncludes members of the:
Army National Guard,
Marine Corps Reserve,
Air National Guard,
Air Force Reserve, and
U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. and their families,
- former spouses,
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families, and
- others registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).
Types of Beneficiaries
- Sponsors—active duty, retired and Guard/Reserve members.
- Family members—spouses and children who are registered in DEERS.
Medicare and TRICARE
If you're eligible for Medicare Part A you must have Medicare Part B to remain eligible for TRICARE (with a few exceptions). >>Learn More