The overseas region is divided into three geographic areas supported by TRICARE Area Offices (TAOs) and a single overseas contractor, International SOS.
- Eurasia-Africa AreaIncludes the European and African continents, all Middle Eastern countries, Pakistan, Russia and several former Soviet Republics including the Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.
- Latin America & Canada AreaIncludes Central and South America, the Caribbean Basin, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
- Pacific AreaIncludes Guam, Japan, Korea, Asia, New Zealand, India and Western Pacific remote countries.
TRICARE Overseas Program Contractor
International SOS is the TRICARE Overseas Program. Register online for secure functions on the TRICARE Overseas Program website, including:
- Eligibility query
- Other health insurance status/update
- Claim status
- Deductible/Out-of-pocket expense
- Contact Customer Service
- Explanation of Benefits
Health Plan Options
Each overseas health plan option has it's own eligibility and enrollment requirements:
Pharmacy and Dental Options
- The TRICARE Pharmacy Program is available overseas, however, both the home delivery (mail order) and retail network pharmacy options are limited. >>Learn More
- Active duty service members get dental care at military dental treatment facilities and through International SOS. others can purchase the TRICARE Dental Program or the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program.
Overseas Points of Contact
Overseas Points of Contact (POCs) are liaisons that assist you with filing claims in remote overseas locations. Contact your local TRICARE Service Center to find a POC near you.
Patient Liaison Services
Most military hospitals and clinics overseas are staffed with patient liaisons that can help you navigate the host-nation health care system. Patient liaisons speak fluent English, as well as the host-nation language and are skilled at handling host-nation medical system procedures.