Your coverage for eye exams will differ depending on who you are and which health plan option you are using. Generally, TRICARE covers:
- Annual routine eye exams for active duty service members and active duty family members
- Comprehensive eye exams every two years for beneficiaries enrolled in TRICARE Prime
- Comprehensive eye exams every year for diabetic patients enrolled in TRICARE Prime
- Vision exams under the well-child care benefit
- Ophthalmic services, which may include an eye exam or other specialized services, are covered in connection with the medical or surgical treatment of a covered illness or injury.