Telemental Health Services
As part of the Telemedicine benefit, your regional contractor has established a network of Telemental Health Care originating sites for beneficiaries, and networks of offsite providers who can evaluate, treat and refer you as necessary via video. If you are near an originating site, you may use TRICARE's Telemental Health Care benefit for all aspects of behavioral health services including psychotherapy and medication management.
Referrals and Authorization
As with any behavioral health care received from a TRICARE network provider, active duty service members will need a referral before accessing care under the Telemental Health Care benefit. TRICARE Prime active duty family members and retirees do not need a referral or authorization to set an online care appointment with a distant provider, as long as the Telemental Health Care appointment is one of the first eight behavioral health sessions in a fiscal year (Oct. 1 - Sept. 30).
Active duty service members and active duty family members enrolled in TRICARE Prime will have no associated charges. There will be applicable deductibles, cost shares and copays for:
- Beneficiaries using TRICARE Standard and Extra
- TRICARE Prime retirees and their family members
- Beneficairies using TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve, and TRICARE Young Adult
Requesting Telemental Health Services
Contact your regional contractor to request Telemental Health services:
- North Region: Health Net at 1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273)
- South Region: Humana Military at 1-800-700-8646
- West Region: TriWest Behavioral Health Contact Center. Staff are available 24/7/365 and can be reached at 1-888-TRIWEST (874-9378)