TRICARE Prime Remote
TRICARE Prime Remote is a managed care option available in remote areas in the United States.
If you're in a remote overseas location, you may be able to enroll in TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas.
Who can Participate?
The following beneficiaries who live and work in designated remote locations:
- Active duty service members
- Activated Guard/Reserve members
- Family members who live with TRICARE Prime Remote-enrolled sponsors.
- Note: If a Guard/Reserve sponsor is deployed, the family member(s) can stay enrolled as long as they don't move while their sponsor is deployed.
- Surviving family members of deceased active duty service members.
- After three years (from the sponsor's death), TRICARE Prime Remote is no longer available to surviving spouses, but children may stay enrolled.
How it Works
- You'll get most care from your primary care manager (PCM)
- You may have a network PCM, if available
- If not, select any TRICARE-authorized provider as your PCM.
- Your PCM:
- Refers you to specialists for care he or she can't provide
- Works with your regional contractor for referrals/authorization
- Helps find a specialist in the network
- Files claims for you
What You Pay
- No enrollment fees
- No out-of-pocket costs for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral.
- Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees.
Is TRICARE Prime Remote Right for You?
TRICARE Prime Remote is only available to active duty service members (which includes activated Guard/Reserve members) and their families who live and work in designated remote locations.
- If you're on active duty, you have to enroll if you live and work in a remote area.
- Family members can choose to enroll or use TRICARE Standard and Extra.
- TRICARE Prime Remote offers fewer out-of-pocket costs than TRICARE Standard and Extra, but less freedom of choice for providers.
How to Enroll—3 Options
- Online via the Beneficiary Web Enrollment website
- Call your regional contractor
- North: 1-877-874-2273
- South: 1-800-444-5445
- West: 1-877-988-9378
- Mail the enrollment form to your regional contractor (mailing addresses on the form):
>>Visit the TRICARE Prime Remote Enrollment Page to Learn More