Third Generation of TRICARE Contracts (T-3)
The third generation of managed care support contracts, or T-3, provide managed care support services for each of the three TRICARE regions in the United States: North, South and West.
TRICARE is fully committed to offering the best possible health benefit to our 9.6 million beneficiaries, and continuity of care remains our highest priority. The T-3 contracts ensure delivery of the best possible health care at the best value; improve clinical quality and disease management, and incentivize cost efficiencies and excellent contractor performance.
Once a transition to T-3 occurs, the basic contract structure remains the same as under the current contracts. Military hospitals and clinics—military treatment facilities—are at the center of our health care delivery system. They continue to be the first choice for patient care and will be fully supported by our contractors.
- Optimize health care services for all Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries and deliver the highest quality health care.
- Achieve the highest possible beneficiary satisfaction levels.
- Ensure a smooth transition for all beneficiaries who may be served by new contractors or providers.
- Attain “best value health care” in support of the MHS mission.
- Achieve fully operational services and systems at the start of health care delivery.
- Maintain full and real-time access to contractor maintained data.
T-3 Contract Update
- Health care delivery with Health Net Federal Services began April 1, 2011 in the North Region.
- Health care delivery with Humana Military Healthcare Services began April 1, 2012 in the South Region
- Health care delivery with UnitedHealth Military & Veterans Services began on April 1, 2013. >> More