Bread Crumbs

Request Archived Medical Records

Military hospitals and clinics normally send your medical record to a central depository two years after your last visit. You or your local military facility can legally request copies of these records.

To get copies of archived records send a request with the following information:

  • your full name and Social Security number
  • sponsor's full name and Social Security number
  • place and date of your last treatment

Depending on who you are, follow the steps below. For more information, visit the National Archives website.

Veterans and Next-of-kin of a Deceased Veteran

Active Duty Family Members, Retirees and their Family Members, Former Active Duty Family Members


Last Updated 12/15/2015

Web Sites Icon Related Websites