You (and your non-medical attendant, if applicable) must pay for travel expenses up front and then submit a claim to your TRICARE Regional Office for travel reimbursement.
- Send a separate claim per trip, per qualified patient or non-medial attendant.
- Only one person can be reimbursed for each expense.
- All reimbursements are made through electronic funds transfer (EFT).
Send the following information with each travel claim:
- Completed and signed claims forms:
- Copy of the CRSC determination letter (if not provided before traveling)
- Completed EFT authorization form (if not provided before traveling)
- Documentation from the specialty care provider verifying he or she treated you for the specified combat-related disability and the date(s) of service. View sample documentation.
- Statement from the referring provider indicating the need for an NMA (if applicable and not provided prior to travel)
- Legible receipts (or comparable written documents) indicating the payment(s) made for reimbursable goods and services; receipts must include:
- Name of the company or vendor
- Date of transaction
- Items or services purchased
- Unit price
- Total amount paid
Note: Submitting a request for reimbursement does not guarantee payment.