You must purchase the CHCBP within 60 days of loss of TRICARE eligibility (regular TRICARE or through the Transitional Assistance Management Program). CHCBP coverage begins on the first day after you lose of TRICARE eligibility.
To purchase CHCBP coverage:
- Download and complete the Continued Health Care Benefit Program Enrollment Application (DD Form 2837)
- Mail your completed application to:
P.O. Box 740072
Louisville, KY 40201-7472
You must send proof of eligibility and payment in full for the first 90 days with your enrollment form. Unremarried former spouses must also send a copy of the final decree of divorce, dissolution, or annulment.
Types of Plans
The CHCBP offers individual and family plans. Mark the type of plan you want when completing the enrollment application.
- Separated sponsor
- Unremarried former spouse
- Child who loses TRICARE due to age
|$1,372 per quarter
- Separating service members and their families
- Includes spouse and children
|$3,087 per quarter
*CHCBP premiums are subject to change each Fiscal YearOctober 1 - September 30.
Changing Plan Types
The sponsor's plan type can be changed from individual to family only if:
- The sponsor gets married
- The sponsor has a baby or legally adopts a child
- A child is placed as a legal ward in the home of a sponsor
Sponsors can add a family member within 60 days of the qualifying life event and their coverage is retroactive to the day of the event (i.e. marriage, birth, etc.)
- CHCBP coverage is purchased in 90-day increments—your premiums are billed quarterly.
- Humana Military will send you a renewal notice 30 days before your coverage expiration.
- You must pay your renewal premiums before the coverage expiration date printed on the renewal notice.
- If your payment isn't postmarked within 30 days of the coverage expiration date:
- CHCBP coverage will end.
- You won't be able to repurchase the plan.