You must purchase the CHCBP within 60 days of loss of TRICARE eligibility (regular TRICARE or through the Transitional Assistance Management Program). CHCBP coverage begins on the first day after the loss of TRICARE eligibility.
To purchase CHCBP coverage:
- Download and complete the Continued Health Care Benefit Program Enrollment Application (DD Form 2837)
- Mail your completed application to:
P.O. Box 740072
Louisville, KY 40201-7472
You must send proof of eligibility and payment in full for the first 90 days with your enrollment form. Unremarried former spouses must also send a copy of the final decree of divorce, dissolution, or annulment.
- Individual: $1,300 per quarter
- Family: $2,925 per quarter
CHCBP premiums are subject to change each fiscal yearOctober 1 - September 30.
- CHCBP coverage is purchased in 90-day increments—premiums are billed quarterly.
- Humana Military sends a renewal notice 30 days before the expiration each quarterly coverage period.
- Renewal premiums must be paid before the coverage expiration date printed on the renewal notice.
- Payments postmarked later than 30 days after the last date of coverage will result in loss of CHCBP benefits and permanent loss of qualification to purchase CHCBP coverage.
Types of Plans
The CHCBP offers individual and family plans—mark the type of plan you want when completing the enrollment application.
- Individual coverage is available to the sponsor, unremarried former spouse or a child who loses eligibility due to age.
- Family coverage is only available to a separating service member and his or her family members (spouse and children).
Adding Family Members
The sponsor's plan type can be changed from individual to family only if:
- The sponsor gets married
- The sponsor has a baby or legally adopts a child
- A child is placed as a legal ward in the home of the sponsor
Sponsor's can add a family member within 60 days of the qualifying life event and coverage is retroactive to the day of the event (i.e. marriage, birth, etc.).