TRICARE Young Adult-Prime Option
You may qualify to select the TRICARE Young Adult-Prime Option. There are some limitations.
- In the U.S., the Prime Option is available in Prime Service Areas to children of active duty and retired service members.
- If you live in an area where the US Family Health Plan is offered, you may enroll in the US Family Health Plan for your Prime Option.
- If your sponsor is on active duty, you may also select the Prime Option when you live with your sponsor:
- in remote U.S. ZIP codes if your sponsor is enrolled in TRICARE Prime Remote, and
- anywhere overseas if you are command-sponsored.
- If your sponsor is using TRICARE Reserve Select or TRICARE Retired Reserve, the Prime Option is not available to you.
You'll have an assigned primary care manager (PCM) who provides most of your care
- military or network provider
- refers you to specialists for care he or she can't provide
- works with your regional contractor for authorization and to find a specialist in the network
- file claims for you
TRICARE Young Adult-Prime Costs
To participate, you will pay monthly premiums and TRICARE Prime copayments. Any care received without a PCM referral is subject to point of service fees. >>Learn More
For More Information
To learn more about TRICARE Young Adult and TRICARE Prime: