TRICARE Standard Overseas
TRICARE Standard Overseas provides comprehensive coverage in all overseas areas.
Who Can Participate?
- Active duty family members
- Retired service members and their families
- Family members of activated Guard/Reserve members
- Non-activated Guard/Reserve members and their families who qualify for care under the Transitional Assistance Management Program
- Retired Guard/Reserve members at age 60 and their families*
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families
- Qualified former spouses
How it Works
Schedule an appointment with any overseas provider. >>Find a Doctor
Referrals are not required but you may need prior authorization from the overseas contractor for some types of services.
What You Pay
Costs vary based on the sponsor's military status. You'll pay:
- An annual outpatient deductible
- Cost shares (or percentage) for covered services
>>View TRICARE Standard Overseas Costs
Is TRICARE Standard Overseas Right for You?
TRICARE Standard Overseas may be your only option when you live overseas. If you're an active duty family member, you'll save money and have priority for care if you enroll in either TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. Be sure to get command-sponsored so you have the option.