Using Standard and Extra
Step 1: Find a Doctor
You can visit any TRICARE-Authorized ProviderAn authorized provider is any individual, institution/organization, or supplier that is licensed by a state, accredited by national organization, or meets other standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide benefits under TRICARE. There are two types of TRICARE-authorized providers: Network and Non-Network.. The type of provider you choose determines:
- Which option you’re using: "Standard" or "Extra"
- Your out-of-pocket costs
- If you have to file your own claims
You don't need to see a "primary care provider" first and you’ll never need a referral for any type of care.
Step 2: Make an Appointment
- Schedule an appointment with any provider
- Go to your appointment
- Schedule follow-ups at your convenience
Step 3: Pay for the Care
- If you visit a network provider, you will only need to pay your cost share at the time of the appointment (after you meet your annual deductible)
- If you visit a non-network provider, you may have to pay in full up front and file a claim for reimbursement
>>View Standard and Extra Costs