TRICARE Prime Overseas
TRICARE Prime Overseas is a managed care option in overseas areas near military hospitals and clinics.
Who Can Participate?
- Active duty service members
- Command-sponsored active duty family members
- Activated National Guard/Reserve members
- Command-sponsored family members of activated National Guard/Reserve members
Retirees and their families can't enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas
How it Works
- You'll get most care from your assigned primary care manager (PCM) at a military hospital or clinic.
- Your PCM refers you to a specialist for care he or she can't provide and works with International SOS for authorization, when needed.
What You Pay
- No enrollment fees
- No copayments for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral.
- Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees
Is TRICARE Prime Overseas Right for You?
If you are an active duty service member or an activated Guard or Reserve member stationed in a non-remote overseas location, you must enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas. Family members must be command-sponsored to enroll or they have the option to use TRICARE Standard Overseas.
How to Enroll—2 Options
>>Visit the TRICARE Prime Overseas Enrollment Page to Learn More