TRICARE Prime Overseas
TRICARE Prime Overseas is a managed care option in overseas areas near military hospitals and clinics.
Who Can Participate?
Retirees and their families can't enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas
How it Works
- You'll get most care from your assigned primary care manager (PCM) at a military hospital or clinic.
- Your PCM refers you to a specialist for care he or she can't provide and works with International SOS for authorization, when needed.
What You Pay
- No enrollment fees
- No copayments for any type of care as long as care is received from your PCM or with a referral.
- Care received without a referral is subject to point-of-service fees
Is TRICARE Prime Overseas Right for You?
TRICARE Prime Overseas is only available to active duty service members (including activated Guard/Reserve members) and command sponsored family members.
How to Enroll—2 Options
- Call your regional call center
- Eurasia-Africa AreaEuropean and African continents, all Middle Eastern countries, Pakistan, Russia and several former Soviet Republics. This includes Baltic States, Ukraine, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.: +44-20-8762-8384
- Latin America and Canada AreaCentral and South America, the Caribbean Basin, Canada, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.: 1-215-942-8393
- Pacific AreaGuam, Japan, Korea, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, India and Western Pacific remote countries.: +65-6339-2676 (Singapore)/+61-2-9273-2710 (Sydney)
- Mail the enrollment form and a copy of your orders to your regional call center or TRICARE Service Center.
Once you have enrolled you can download a TRICARE wallet card to take to your appointments but you must also show your military ID as proof of coverage.
>>Visit the TRICARE Prime Overseas Enrollment Page to Learn More
PCM Referral Waiver Extended for Turkey Evacuees
The waiver of the primary care manager referral requirement for active duty family members who were stationed in Turkey and evacuated to other worldwide locations is extended until Nov. 30, 2016. >>Learn More