Bread Crumbs

Using TRICARE For Life with Other Health Insurance

If you have other health insurance, such as a Medicare supplement or an employer-sponsored health plan, you can use TRICARE For Life as long as you have both Medicare Parts A and B.

TRICARE pays claims only after all other health insurances pay.

  • After Medicare processes the claim, the claim is forwarded to your other health insurance.
  • After your other health insurance processes the claim, you will have to file a paper claim with the TRICARE For Life contractor, Wisconsin Physicians Service (WPS-TFL).
  • WPS, TFL will process the claim and pay TRICARE's portion of the claim directly to you.

Send your paper claims to WPS-TFL along with a copy of:

  • your provider's itemized bill,
  • the Medicare Summary Notice, and
  • th explanation of benefits from all other health insurances.

Your claim must be filed within one year from the date of care. For more information, visit the WPS-TFL website.

Last Updated 1/16/2015

contact Your Contacts
Customer Service

In the U.S. and U.S. Territories, contact WPS TRICARE For Life:
(TDD 1-866-773-0405)
In all other overseas areas, call International SOS

WPS-TFL Website

View More Contacts

Downloads Icon Related Downloads