Using TRICARE For Life with Other Health Insurance
If you have other health insurance, such as a Medicare supplement or an employer-sponsored health plan, you can use TRICARE For Life as long as you have both Medicare Parts A and B.
TRICARE pays claims only after all other health insurances pay.
- After Medicare processes the claim, the claim is forwarded to your other health insurance.
- After your other health insurance processes the claim, you will have to file a paper claim with the TRICARE For Life contractor, Wisconsin Physicians Service (WPS-TFL).
- WPS, TFL will process the claim and pay TRICARE's portion of the claim directly to you.
Send your paper claims to WPS-TFL along with a copy of:
- your provider's itemized bill,
- the Medicare Summary Notice, and
- th explanation of benefits from all other health insurances.
Your claim must be filed within one year from the date of care. For more information, visit the WPS-TFL website.