Using TRICARE For Life with Other Health Insurance
If you have Other Health InsuranceHealth insurance you have in addition to TRICARE, such as Medicare or an employer-sponsored health insurance. TRICARE supplements don’t qualify as "other health insurance.", such as a Medicare supplement or an employer-sponsored health plan, you can use TRICARE For Life as long as you have both Medicare Parts A and B.
- TRICARE pays last after Medicare and your other health insurance
- Visit the Medicare website to see which plan—Medicare or your other health insurance—pays first
- After your other health insurance processes the claim, you will have to file a paper claim with the TRICARE For Life contractor, Wisconsin Physicians Service (WPS).
- WPS will process the claim and pay TRICARE's portion of the claim directly to you.
Send your paper claims to WPS along with a copy of:
- your provider's itemized bill,
- the Medicare Summary Notice, and
- th explanation of benefits from all other health insurances.
Your claim must be filed within one year from the date of care. For more information, visit the WPS website.