South Region Instructions
If you have a civilian PCM, the following documents must be submitted to the TRICARE Regional Office (TRO)-South Prime Travel Benefit Office.
If you don't include all of the required documents, your claim can't be processed. Be sure to make copies of everything for your records.
|Patient Information Form
The form must be completely filled out and signed.
Travel Claim Forms:
DD Form 1351-2
DD Form 1351-3
- Patients and non-active duty Non-Medical Attendants (NMAs): Complete both forms
- Active duty NMAs: Complete only the DD Form 1351-2
- View the Checklist & Instructions for help completing these forms
- Include legible, itemized receipts for all travel claims.
- Credit card or bank statements don't qualify as receipts.
- Receipts must be dated during the approved travel timeline or they won't be reimbursed.
|Proof that you Attended the Appointment
A note from the specialty care provider's office verifying that you attended the appointment.
Non-Medical Attendant Letter
A letter from your PCM stating that a NMA is appropriate and medically-necessary. (Only required when you have a NMA)
Active Duty/ Federal Employee NMA Memo
This form is required to authorize TDY travel reimbursement for an active duty service member or federal employee traveling as a NMA.
|Direct Depost Form & Voided Check
All payments are made by electronic funds transfer (EFT). Please let our travel staff know if you don't have a checking account to establish an EFT.
Send all required documents the TRO-South Prime Travel Benefit office via mail or email. If you traveled on or after April 26, 2012, you must file your travel claim within one year of the travel date.
TRO-South Prime Travel
7800 IH 10 West, Ste. 400
San Antonio, 78230
- Travel claims are processed using the Defense Travel System.
- Include legible, itemized receipts for all travel expenses with each claim.
- Government rates are used to estimate the reasonable cost.
- Please allow up to six weeks for your payment to be processed.
Still have questions? Join one of our Education Sessions!
You can participate in one of our Prime Travel Benefit education sessions! On the scheduled date and time, call 1-800-475-8415 and enter the participant code: 5302826#
Upcoming Education Sessions:
- September 23, 2014, 10:30 CST
- November 25, 2014, 10:30 CST
- January 27, 2015, 10:30 CST