Disenrolling from TRICARE Prime Overseas
You don't have to re-enroll every year to continue TRICARE Prime Overseas coverage, but certain events will cause you to be disenrolled.
Sponsor Status Change
Any change in the sponsor's status (e.g., active duty to retired or Guard/Reserve deactivation) will cause an automatic disenrollment.
- If you're still eligible for TRICARE Prime Overseas after the change, submit a new enrollment application to International SOS.
- You can submit a new enrollment application before the change occurs to avoid a lapse in coverage.
If the sponsor retires, TRICARE Prime Overseas is no longer available. If you continue to live overseas, you're covered by TRICARE Standard Overseas.
- Active duty service members can't disenroll from TRICARE Prime Overseas.
- All others can choose to disenroll at anytime, but may be subject to a one-year lock out from re-enrolling.
- Contact your regional contractor to initiate a voluntary disenrollment.
Loss of Eligibility
If you lose eligibility for TRICARE, your TRICARE Prime Overseas coverage will automatically end.