ID Cards

Once you're registered in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System, you'll be issued a uniformed services identification (ID) card.

  • Providers will ask to see your ID card and will make copies for his or her records. 
  • Have your ID card with you whenever you are getting care or prescriptions filled.

ID Cards for Children

  • Children under age 10 can usually use a parent's or guardian's ID card.
  • At age 10, the sponsor must get an ID card for the child.
  • Children under age 10 should have their own ID card when in the custody of a parent or guardian who is not eligible for TRICARE or who is not the custodial parent after a divorce.  

Adult Children Using TRICARE Young Adult

  • You lose eligibility for TRICARE at age 21 (or 23 if enrolled in college, learn more)
  • When you lose eligibility, your ID card is no longer valid.
  • You can enroll in TRICARE Young Adult without a valid ID card
  • When your coverage begins and you're notified by your regional contractor, you can visit any ID Card Office to get a new ID card.

ID Cards for Beneficiaries Age 75 and Over

Family members and survivors of deceased personnel age 75 and over, can get a permanent ID card. If you are age 75 or older and have a valid ID card, get a new permanent ID card within 90 days of your card's expiration date.

Last Updated 6/26/2015

contact Your Contacts
DMDC Support Office

Toll-free: 1-800-538-9552
TTY/TTD: 1-866-363-2883
Fax: 1-831-655-8317

Update DEERS Online

View More Contacts