Foreign Force Members and Families
Foreign force members and their dependents can get medical care in the United States through the Foreign Force Member Department of Defense (DoD) Health Care option. To qualify foreign force members and their dependents must:
- Be from countries that participate in one or more of the following:
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA)
- Partnership for Peace Agreement (PFP)
- Reciprocal Health Care Agreement
- Be in the continental United States on military orders conducting business with the DoD.
- Register in DEERS at their local ID card office and need to get a valid military ID card.
Health Care Benefits
Benefits are not the same for all foreign force members. In general, you may be eligible for one of the following:
- Care only in military hospitals, medical clinics and dental clinics
- Care from military hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics and from civilian TRICARE-authorized providers
Visit the Force Health Protection website to learn about your country's agreements. You'll need to establish an account to actually view your health information. >>Log In Now
For More Information
If you still have questions, contact one of the following: