Bread Crumbs

Foreign Force Members and Families

Foreign force members and their dependents can get medical care in the United States through the Foreign Force Member Department of Defense (DoD) Health Care option. To qualify foreign force members and their dependents must:

  • Be from countries that participate in one or more of the following:
    • North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
      • NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA)
    • Partnership for Peace Agreement (PFP)
      • PFP SOFA
      • PFP no SOFA
    • Reciprocal Health Care Agreement
  • Be in the continental United States on military orders conducting business with the DoD.
  • Register in DEERS at their local ID card office and need to get a valid military ID card.

Health Care Benefits

Benefits are not the same for all foreign force members. In general, you may be eligible for one of the following:

  • Care only in military hospitals, medical clinics and dental clinics
  • Care from military hospitals, medical clinics, dental clinics and from civilian TRICARE-authorized providers

Visit the Force Health Protection website to learn about your country's agreements. You'll need to establish an account to actually view your health information. >>Log In Now

For More Information

If you still have questions, contact one of the following:

Last Updated 12/15/2015

contact Your Contacts
DMDC Support Office

Toll-free: 1-800-538-9552
TTY/TTD: 1-866-363-2883
Fax: 1-831-655-8317

Update DEERS Online

View More Contacts