TRICARE Prime Remote
Follow these steps to ensure there’s no break in coverage when you move:
- Don't disenroll from TRICARE Prime Remote before you move
- Update your address in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Transfer your TRICARE Prime coverage within 30 days of arriving at your new location
TRICARE Prime Remote isn’t available everywhere. You may have different health plan options when you move.
Moving Within the Same TRICARE Region
Moving to another TRICARE Region
You can begin your enrollment transfer before you move. To start the process, call your current (old) contractor as soon as you know you’re moving.
- North RegionConnecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa (Rock Island area), Kentucky (except Fort Campbell), Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri (St. Louis area), New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.—Health Net: 1-877-874-2273
- South RegionAlabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas (excluding El Paso area), and Fort Campbell, Kentucky—Humana Military: 1-800-444-5445
- West RegionAlaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa (excludes Rock Island arsenal area), Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri (except St. Louis area), Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas (southwestern corner including El Paso), Utah, Washington and Wyoming.—UnitedHealthcare: 1-877-988-9378
Your old contractor will ask for:
- Sponsor's name, SSN, cell phone number and email address
- Your estimated date of arrival at your new duty station
- Where you’re moving, to determine your new contractor and appropriate Prime option
- Names and contact information for any family members who are also moving
Your current contractor shares your information with your new contractor:
- Your new contractor will call you within five business days of your estimated arrival date to learn your Prime enrollment options.
- Your enrollment transfer is effective the day your new contractor calls you and you agree to the enrollment transfer.
- It may take up to four business days to complete the transfer, but you'll be covered by your old contractor until the enrollment transfer is complete.
Starting the process over the phone before you move is the easiest and fastest way to transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment. You can also transfer your enrollment online (in the U.S. only) or by mail after you move.
If you move overseas, family members must be command-sponsored to enroll in TRICARE Prime Overseas or TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas. If not command-sponsored, they can use TRICARE Standard Overseas