Your TRICARE eligibility does not change when you move. But, you need to take certain steps to ensure you transfer your coverage to your new home. For complete instructions about how to transfer your coverage when you move, please enter your profile at the top of the page.
Key Things to Remember When You Move
- Do not disenroll from any plan before you move so you are covered en route to your new home
- Update the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) after you move
- If enrolled in a Prime option, you may need transfer your coverage.
- If to another address in the same region, just change your primary care manager
- If to another region; transfer your coverage
- Active duty families: see the "Moving Made Easy" option below
- If using TRICARE Standard and Extra or TRICARE Standard Overseas, simply find a new provider. If you change regions, look up your new claims address so you know where to send your claims.
- If using TRICARE Reserve Select, TRICARE Retired Reserve or TRICARE Young Adult, update your address on your next billing statement and your coverage will be transfered; then find a new provider
Moving Made Easy for Active Duty Families
Moving is a way of life for active duty families. The "Moving Made Easy" option allows active you to transfer your Prime enrollment option to a new region with a simple phone call before you move, whether stateside or overseas.
Once you know you're moving, call your current (losing) contractor and give them information about your upcoming move. The losing contractor contacts your gaining contractor to begin the enrollment transfer, and your new contractor will contact you within five days of your arrival date to complete the process.
In most cases, you won't need to submit new enrollment form or visit a TRICARE Service Center. The process is completely automated and hassle-free.
The "Moving Made Easy" enrollment transfer option is only available to active duty families.
Whenever you move ...
Near or far, the first thing you should do after you move is update DEERS with your new address, phone number and other personal information.