When the sponsor deploys, family members should know about their TRICARE plan and how to get care.
Before deploying, sponsors should:
- Leave a copy of their orders
- Prepare a Power of Attorney
- Fill out paperwork so family members can get copies of medical records and personal health information
- Make necessary financial arrangements (allotments, automatic bill paying, etc.)
Always keep your family's information up-to-date in DEERS.
- Show your spouse how to make changes in DEERS while you're away
- Get identification (ID) cards updated if they're about to expire
Make sure your family knows how to get health care while you're away.
- Make a list of important phone numbers. Go to the "Contact Us" section for up-to-date phone numbers
- Primary care manager or provider to call for appointments
- Regional contractor
- Review your family's TRICARE plan information
- Talk about how and where to get prescriptions