Dental Care During Pregnancy
It's important to maintain good oral health while you’re pregnant. You may be at an increased risk for dental disease at this time.
- Schedule a dental check up early in your pregnancy or if you’re thinking about becoming pregnant
- Have your teeth cleaned more often, especially if you see:
- Plaque buildup
- Red and puffy gums
- Bleeding after brushing and flossing
- Brush and floss after you eat
- Stay away from sugary foods that cause tooth decay
Getting Dental Care
Active Duty Service Members
You'll usually get dental care from a military dental clinic.
TRICARE Dental Program
The TRICARE Dental Program is a voluntary, premium based dental insurance plan for:
- Active duty family members
- National Guard and Reserve family members
- National Guard and Reserve members who aren’t on active duty orders
If you purchase TRICARE Dental Program coverage, you can get an extra routine cleaning during your pregnancy. Normally, coverage is only two dental cleanings every 12 months. There’s no cost for cleanings done by network dentists.
You can enroll in the TRICARE Dental Program at any time. >>Learn More
TRICARE Retiree Dental Program
The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program is a voluntary, premium based dental insurance plan for:
- Retired service members and their families
- Retired National Guard or Reserve members and their families
- Medal of Honor recipients and their families
The TRICARE Retiree Dental Program covers 100% of most diagnostic and preventive services done by a network dentist. All enrollees get two dental cleanings per year.
You can enroll in the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program at any time. >>Learn More