Glasses and Contacts
TRICARE covers contact lenses and/or eyeglasses only for treatment of:
- Infantile glaucoma
- Corneal or scleral lenses for treatment of keratoconus
- Scleral lenses to retain moisture when normal tearing is not present or is inadequate
- Corneal or scleral lenses to reduce corneal irregularities other than astigmatism
- Intraocular lenses, contact lenses, or eyeglasses for loss of human lens function resulting from intraocular surgery, ocular injury or congenital absence
- "Pinhole" glasses prescribed for use after surgery for detached retina
Note: Adjustments, cleaning, and repairs for eyeglasses are not covered.
Navy Opthalmic Support Training Activity Command (NOSTRA)
Active duty service members, National Guard/Reserve members and retired service members may receive eyewear from NOSTRA. For more information, including details about eligibility and how to order eyewear, visit the NOSTRA Website or call the customer support center at 1-757-887-7611.