Nurse Advice Line
Call 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273), Option 1
The Nurse Advice Line is available to all TRICARE beneficiaries in the U.S., except those enrolled in US Family Health Plan. Beneficiaries who live overseas can call the Nurse Advice Line for health care advice while traveling in the U.S., but must coordinate care with their Overseas Regional Call Center.
You can call the Nurse Advice Line 24/7, at no cost to you, to talk to a registered nurse who can:
- Answer your urgent care questions
- Give you health care advice
- Help you find a doctor
- Schedule next-day appointments at military hospitals and clinics
If you have an emergency, call 911 or go to the emergency roomThe hospital department that provides emergency services to patients who need immediate medical attention..
Do you have a sick child?
- You can talk to nurses with specialized pediatric training.
- We can call you back after a few hours to check on your child.
- If you still need an appointment, we can help.
You can call us for help. But if you need to see a doctor, remember:
- You must follow the rules of your other health insurance plan first.
- Your other health insurance is the primary payer.
- If we help you find a doctor make sure they're in your other plan’s network or your care may not be covered.
Watch this episode of TRICARE TV to learn more about the TRICARE Nurse Advice Line.