Getting Care When Traveling
You're covered while traveling on business, vacation or when moving. You should get all routine care before you travel because it may not be authorized after you leave for your trip.
Your rules for getting care depend on your plan and travel destination. Select your plan from the list below to learn more:
Need Health Care Advice?
- Call the Nurse Advice Line
- 1-800-TRICARE, Option 1
- Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- You may need to pay up front and file a claim for reimbursement.
- Keep all receipts and file claims in the region where you live, not where you get the care.
- If enrolled in a Prime option, call your primary care manager or regional contractor within 24 hours or the next business day.
Looking for information about the Prime Travel Benefit
If you are referred for specialty care more than 100 miles from your primary care manager, you may qualify to have your travel expenses reimbursed. >>Learn More
Enrolled in the US Family Health Plan?
Call Customer Service at 1-800-748-7347 if you need care when traveling and save all your health care receipts.