My Plan Is: TRICARE Standard and Extra
If you're using TRICARE Standard and Extra, TRICARE Standard Overseas or TRICARE Young Adult-Standard, you have the same flexibility when traveling as you do at home.
If Traveling in the United States
- Visit any TRICARE-authorized provider >>Find a Doctor
- Call the doctor to schedule your appointment
- You'll save money if you find a network provider
- Keep a copy of your receipts
- You may have to pay up front for the care and file a claim for reimbursement
If Traveling Overseas
Need Prescriptions When Traveling?
We recommend that you get your prescriptions filled before you travel, but if you need a prescription filled while traveling you can:
- Fill the prescription at the military pharmacy if one is nearby.
- Call the pharmacy first to see if they stock your prescription
- Find the closest network pharmacy.
- Available in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- If a network pharmacy is not available, visit a non-network pharmacy.
- The home delivery option is not recommended for a prescription you need right away, but if you're taking a long vacation, you can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via home delivery.
Learn more about your options for filling prescriptions.