Traveling with TRICARE Reserve Select and TRICARE Retired Reserve
If you're using TRICARE Reserve Select or TRICARE Retrired Reserve, you have the same flexibility when traveling as you do at home.
If Traveling in the United States
- Visit any TRICARE-authorized provider >>Find a Doctor
- Call the doctor to schedule your appointment
- You'll save money if you find a network provider
- Keep a copy of your receipts
- You may have to pay up front for the care and file a claim for reimbursement
If Traveling Overseas
Need Prescriptions When Traveling?
We recommend that you get your prescriptions filled before you travel, but if you need a prescription filled while traveling you can:
- Fill the prescription at the military pharmacy if one is nearby.
- Call the pharmacy first to see if they stock your prescription
- Find the closest network pharmacy.
- Available in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- If a network pharmacy is not available, visit a non-network pharmacy.
- The home delivery option is not recommended for a prescription you need right away, but if you're taking a long vacation, you can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via home delivery.
Learn more about your options for filling prescriptions.