My Plan Is: TRICARE Prime Overseas/TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, TRICARE Young Adult-Prime (Overseas)
Are you enrolled in TRICARE Prime Overseas, TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas, or TRICARE Young Adult-Prime (overseas)? If so, follow the guidelines below for getting care when you travel.
Routine Care When Traveling
- You should get all your routine care before traveling. It isn't usually authorized.
- But, if you need routine care:
- You must contact your primary care manager (PCM) first.
- Call International SOS at 1-877-451-8659 before getting care or making payments.
Traveling in the United States
- You have priority access to military hospitals and clinics.
- If you have an emergency, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency roomThe hospital department that provides emergency services to patients who need immediate medical attention..
- If admitted, call International SOS at 1-877-451-8659.
- If you need urgent care, try to get care at a military hospital or clinic.
- If you can't, you must get a referral from your PCM.
- Call International SOS at 1-877-451-8659 before getting care or making payments
Traveling in another Overseas Area
- If you have an emergency, go to the nearest emergency care facility.
- Before you leave, contact International SOS Medical Assistance.
- Eurasia-Africa: +44-20-8762-8133
- Latin America & Canada: 1-215-942-8320
- Pacific (Sydney): +65-6338-9277
- Pacific (Singapore): +61-2-9273-2760
- If admitted, International SOS will:
- Coordinate with the facility for payment
- Determine whether you should be transferred to another facility
- Coordinate emergency transport, if needed.
- If you need urgent care, find an overseas provider.
Need Prescriptions When Traveling?
You should get your prescriptions filled before you travel. But, if you need a prescription filled while traveling you can:
- Go to a military pharmacy if one is nearby. You should call them first to see if they stock your prescription.
- Find the closest network pharmacy, which are available in the U.S. and U.S. Territories.
- Use home delivery if you're taking a long vacation. You can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via home delivery.
Learn more about your options for filling prescriptions.