Traveling with TRICARE Prime Overseas
If you're enrolled in TRICARE Prime Overseas, TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas or TRICARE Young Adult-Prime in an overseas area, follow these guidelines for getting care when you're traveling:
If Traveling in the United States
- Get all routine care before traveling.
- If you need emergency care, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- If admitted, you must call 1-215-942-8393 or toll-free at 1-877-451-8659, before leaving the facility, or within 24 hours or on the next business day to coordinate authorization, continued care and payment.
- If you need urgent care, you need a referral and prior authorization first
- You must have a referral and authorization before getting care.
- Call International SOS's toll-free stateside number: 1-877-451-8659
If Traveling in Another Overseas Area
- Get all routine care before traveling
- If you need emergency care, go to the nearest emergency care facility.
- To find a provider, search the online or call International SOS
- Before you leave the facility, contact International SOS Medical Assistance.
- Eurasia-Africa: +44-20-8762-8133
- Latin America & Canada: 1-215-942-8320
- Pacific (Sydney): +65-6338-9277
- Pacific (Singapore): +61-2-9273-2760
- If you're admitted, International SOS will coordinate with the facility for payment, determine whether you should be transferred to another facility and coordinate emergency transport, if needed.
- If you need urgent care, find an overseas provider.
Need Prescriptions When Traveling?
We recommend that you get your prescriptions filled before you travel, but if you need a prescription filled while traveling you can:
- Fill the prescription at the military pharmacy if one is nearby.
- Call the pharmacy first to see if they stock your prescription
- Find the closest network pharmacy.
- Available in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- If a network pharmacy is not available, visit a non-network pharmacy.
- The home delivery option is not recommended for a prescription you need right away, but if you're taking a long vacation, you can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via home delivery.
Learn more about your options for filling prescriptions.