My Plan Is: TRICARE Prime
If you're enrolled in TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote or TRICARE Young Adult-Prime in the U.S., follow these guidelines when traveling:
If Traveling in the United States
- Get all your routine care before traveling
- If you need emergency care, go to an emergency roomThe hospital department that provides emergency services to patients who need immediate medical attention. or call 911
- Call your primary care manager (PCM) or regional contractor within 24 hours
- If you need urgent care, call your PCM, as you may need a referral.
If Traveling Overseas
- Get all routine care before traveling.
- If you need emergency care, go the nearest emergency facility. To find a provider:
- Search online or call International SOS.
- Before you leave the facility, contact International SOS Medical Assistance:
- Eurasia-Africa: +44-20-8762-8133
- Latin America & Canada: 1-215-942-8320
- Pacific (Sydney): +65-6338-9277
- Pacific (Singapore): +61-2-9273-2760
- If you're admitted, International SOS will coordinate with the facility for payment, determine whether you should be transferred to another facility and coordinate emergency transport, if needed.
- If you need urgent care, you must have a referral from your PCM
- Call your PCM or regional contractor first
- To find a provider:
- Search online or call International SOS
- Keep a copy of all your receipts, overseas claims require proof of payment.
- You may need to pay up front and file a claim for reimbursement.
Need Prescriptions When Traveling?
We recommend that you get your prescriptions filled before you travel, but if you need a one filled while traveling you can:
- Fill the prescription at the military pharmacy if one is nearby.
- Call the pharmacy first to see if they have your prescription
- Find the closest network pharmacy.
- Available in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- If a network pharmacy isn't available, visit a non-network pharmacy.
- Home delivery isn't recommended for a prescription you need right away. If you're taking a long vacation, you can arrange for any regular prescriptions to be filled via home delivery.
Learn more about your options for filling prescriptions.
Traveling Overseas? Protect Yourself from Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
Mosquito bites are bothersome enough, but when you consider risks, like getting sick with Zika, dengue, chikungunya or other mosquito-borne illness, its important to protect yourself and your family when traveling overseas. >>Learn More