Military Hospitals and Clinics
Military hospitals and clinics are:
- The core of the Military Health System
- Found at military bases and posts around the world
- Referred to as direct care, military treatment facilities or MTFs
Find a Military Hospital or Clinic
There are several different types of military facilities, each providing different levels of service.
- Integrated networks of military hospitals and clinics.
- May be composed of any combination of medical centers, hospitals or clinics
- 15 around the world—11 in the U.S. and 4 overseas
- Six are considered "enhanced" because of size and medical mission:
- Smaller than medical centers
- Offer hospitalization and outpatient services; smaller capacity than medical centers
- Multiple specialties but not sub-specialties
- Smallest military facility
- Only offers outpatient services; no hospitalization
- Limited number of specialties.
- Some clinics limited to primary care only
- Some clinics limited to active duty service members only