Participating Network Dentists
Search MetLife's Preferred Dental Program Dental Network to find a participating dentist near you. When you get care from network dentist, you'll never pay more than your cost share for covered services.
- When you sign the assignment of benefits statement on a claim submission document, MetLife will send payment directly to the dentist.
- If the assignment of benefits provision is not signed, MetLife's payment will be sent to you, and you are responsible for paying the dentist.
Dentists who have not signed a contract with MetLife are considered non-network dentists. You can see non-network dentists, but:
- you may be billed the full fee
- you're required to pay your cost share plus the difference between MetLife's allowance and the amount charged by the non-network dentist
- you may have to file your own claims
Search the TRICARE OCONUS Preferred Dentist List, to find approved overses dentists, including orthodontists. These providers have agreed to charge only your cost share and file claims with MetLife.
You're not required to select providers from the TRICARE OCONUS Preferred Dentist list, but where they are available, you may find it more convenient to do so.
Note: For the TRICARE Dental Program, "OCONUS" refers to areas outside of the United States, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.