Getting Dental Care When Traveling
When You Live and Work in Non-Remote Areas
If you live or work less than 50 miles from a dental clinic, you’re considered "non-remote." You will need a referral from your dental clinic, even for short trips.
If you’re on extended leave more than 50 miles from your dental clinic:
- Call United Concordia at 1-866-984-2337 before seeing a dentist
- Tell them about your extended leave status
- You can get dental care from any network dentist
If you have a dental emergency while traveling more than 50 miles from a dental clinic:
- Get care from any civilian dentist
- Call United Concordia at 1-866-984-2337 to let them know about the treatment
- You may not get follow-up care with a non-network dentist
When You Live and Work in Remote Areas
If you live or work more than 50 miles from a dental clinic, you're considered "remote" and can get civilian dental care while traveling. The dental care must meet the Remote Active Duty Dental Program requirements.
If you're traveling overseas, call International SOS to schedule dental care.