- Serve as the central entity within HA/TMA to monitor all VA/DoD Health Care Resource Sharing activities, to include: Pharmacy, Materiel Management, Health Information Management/ Technology, Financial Management, Clinical Activities, National Level Interagency Agreements, TRICARE/VA Contractor Relationships, Joint Ventures, and Health Systems Studies.
- Serve as the HA/TMA clearinghouse for all related information by utilizing information management systems and other tools.
- Develop and implement education, training, and marketing programs for all HA/TMA and Service personnel at appropriate organizational levels.
- Oversee and participate in development of VA/DoD program-related cost/benefit models and tools for use by major Market Managers and other DoD agencies.
- Support and utilize the available resources sharing databases, to generate and submit reports on the costs and utilization of sharing activities, as required.
- Participate and contribute to the DoD VA Joint Strategic Planning Group,
DoD VA Capital Assets Planning Committee, DoD VA Joint Utilization/Resource Sharing Workgroup, the DoD VA Contingency Planning Workgroup,
and other groups as they are formed.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the DoD VA Health Executive Council, and Benefits Executive Council.
- Coordinate and provide responses to external requests for information from Government Accounting Office, Office of Management & Budget, and members of Congress.