Glasses and Contacts
Active Duty Service Members and Activated Guard/Reserve Members
- You’ll order glasses from the Optometry clinic at the military hospital or clinic where you’re enrolled.
- Along with your standard issue pair of frames and sunglasses, you will get a pair of glasses of your choice. You may choose from nine frames and six colors.
- If you don’t live near a military hospital or clinic, you can order your glasses from the Navy Ophthalmic Support Training Activity Command.
Non-Activated Guard/Reserve Members
Retired Service Members
All Other Beneficiaries
TRICARE covers contact lenses and/or glasses only for treatment of:
- Infantile glaucoma
- Corneal or scleral lenses for treatment of keratoconus
- Scleral lenses to retain moisture when normal tearing is not present or is inadequate
- Corneal or scleral lenses to reduce corneal irregularities other than astigmatism
- Intraocular lenses, contact lenses, or glasses for loss of human lens function resulting from intraocular surgery, ocular injury or congenital absence
- "Pinhole" glasses prescribed for use after surgery for detached retina
Adjustments, cleaning, and repairs for glasses are not covered.