Bread Crumbs

Eye Exams for Active Duty Service Members

Active duty service members (including activated Guard-Reserve members) can get a routine eye examAn assessment of your vision and the health of your eyes performed by either an optometrist or ophthalmologist. You will get a prescription for glasses if you need them. A routine eye exam is more than the simple vision screening test conducted by your primary care doctor using a standard eye chart. as you need to maintain fitness for duty.


TRICARE Prime Remote

TRICARE Prime Overseas

  • You'll get your eye exams from a military hospital or clinic.
  • If you get a referral from your primary care manager, you can visit an overseas host-nation provider.
  • If you visit a host-nation provider without a referral, you're responsible for the entire cost.

TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas

Last Updated 3/2/2015