See What's Covered
Search the A-Z list for a list of covered services. Your coverage and out-of-pocket costs may vary based on who you are and your health plan option.
TRICARE covers the following forms of birth control when prescribed by a TRICARE-authorized provider:
- Contraceptive diaphragm, including measurement, purchase and replacement;
- Intrauterine devices, including surgical insertion, removal and replacement;
- Prescription contraceptives, including the Preven Emergency Contraceptive Kit containing special doses of regular birth control pills and a self-administered pregnancy test;
- Surgical sterilization, male and female.
TRICARE does not cover:
- Nonprescription spermicidal foams, jellies or sprays.
This A-Z list of topics is not all inclusive. TRICARE covers most inpatient and outpatient care that is medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care are not covered at all.