Do you need a prescription filled right away?
Are you unable to get to a military pharmacy?
You can visit a TRICARE retail network pharmacy. There are more than 57,000 locations in the U.S. and U.S. Territories:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Northern Mariana Islands
There are currently no network pharmacies in American Samoa.
Find a Network Pharmacy
You can also:
Network pharmacies aren't located in other overseas areas, but in the Philippines, you must get your prescriptions filled at a certified pharmacy.
Using Network Pharmacies
Filling your prescriptions at a network pharmacy is easy:
- Ask your provider to send your prescription electronically, or
- Hand-carry your written prescription to the pharmacy
You'll be required to show your uniformed services ID card. If you have problems at anetwork pharmacy, please contact Express Scripts.
In some cases, you may not be able to fill your prescription at a retail network pharmacy:
- Some non-formulary drugs are only covered through Home Delivery or at military pharmacies
- All benefitciaries except active duty service members must get refills for select maintenance drugs in the U.S. and U.S. Territories through Home Delivery or at a military pharmacy.
- This applies mostly to brand name drugs.
- You can refill most generic maintenance drugs at a network pharmacy.
Network Pharmacy Costs
Get up to a 30-day supply of most prescription drugs at the following costs:
- Formulary-Generic: $8
- Formulary-Brand name: $20
- *Non-formulary: $46 (unless you get medical necessity)
If you want a 90-day supply, you'll pay the cost for each 30-day supply. For example, a 90-day supply of a generic drug will cost $24. Check the TRICARE Formulary for more information.
You can get some covered vaccines for no cost at participating network pharmacies. To find a pharmacy that offers vaccines:
Do you have a prescription for a specialty drug?
On May 1, 2015, we'll have a new pharmacy network for select specialty drugs. >>Learn More
Is home delivery better for you?
If you have a prescription drug that you take on a regular basis, then home delivery will save you money. >>Learn More