There are three ways to send new precriptions to Express Scripts for Home Delivery. Ask your provider to write the prescription for the maximum supply allowed, which is 90 days for most drugs.
e-Prescribing is the easiest, safest, and most effective way.
- Sent by your provider to Express Scripts.
- Your provider:
- selects the TRICARE formulary in their e-prescribing system.
- chooses the default location of "Express Scripts Mail Pharmacy."
- Express Scripts uses the information submitted with your prescription to complete your registration.
- By law, e-prescribing currently doesn’t allow prescriptions for controlled substances.
- Sent by your provider (with a fax cover sheet) directly to Express Scripts:
- 1-877-895-1900 in the United States
- 1-602-586-3911 if Overseas
- Express Scripts will only accept prescriptions faxed directly from your provider's office.
- By law, faxing currently doesn’t allow prescriptions for Schedule II controlled substances.
- Sent by you to Express Scripts
- Complete the New Patient Mail Order Form—follow all the instructions on the form
- Write the following information on the back of each written prescription:
- Patient's full name
- Date of birth
- Sponsor's ID number
- Include your prescription copayment. Payment can be by credit card, check, or money order.
- Mail the completed form, written prescription and copayment to:
Express Scripts, Inc.
P.O. Box 52150
Phoenix, AZ 85072-9954