Over-the-Counter Drugs Demonstration
This demonstration lets you get your prescription filled for certain over-the-counter (OTC) drugs:
- From network pharmacies
- From home delivery (in most cases)
- For free
Note: OTC drugs aren't covered outside of the U.S. or U.S. Territories.
The following OTC drugs are available:
- Levonorgestrel (Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive)*
- Loratadine tablets
- Prilosec OTC
- Omeprazole (generic of Prilosec OTC)
*Special Note on Levonorgestrel (Plan B)
Plan B is available to females who can bear children.
- No age restrictions
- No written prescription needed
You can get Plan B at retail network and military pharmacies only. Home delivery isn't available. If you’re using a network pharmacy:
- Find it in the family planning aisle
- Ask your pharmacist to process it under your pharmacy benefit
Filling OTC Prescriptions
You’ll need a written prescription for the OTC drugs listed above from your provider (see exception for Plan B). Give your written prescription to any TRICARE retail network pharmacy or to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery.