Prescription drugs and other products not covered include:
- Drugs used to treat a non-covered condition
- Drugs prescribed for cosmetic purposes
- Homeopathic and herbal preparations
- Fluoride preparations
- Food supplements
- Multivitamins (prenatal vitamins with a prescription are covered)
- Over-the-counter (OTC) products, except for:
- Weight loss products
You can get prescriptions filled for non-covered drugs, but you have to pay the full amount. Check the TRICARE Formulary for information about your drug.
Search the TRICARE Formulary
What if my provider prescribes drug not covered by TRICARE?
You can have the prescription filled at any network pharmacy, but you are responsible for the entire cost of the prescription. Non-covered drugs are not available at military pharmacies or through home delivery.