Guard/Reserve Dental Care
Your dental care depends on your current military status.
When Not Activated
You and your family can enroll in the TRICARE Dental Program.
- You can enroll at any time
- You must enroll for at least 12 months
- You pay monthly premiums based on your military status
- Sponsors and family members enroll separately
If you get called to active duty, your enrollment will change. But your family's enrollment in the TRICARE Dental Program will continue.
You'll get active duty dental care when you get called to active duty for more than 30 consecutive days. This means you’ll get:
- Most of your dental care from a military dental clinic
- Civilian dental care through the Active Duty Dental Program in the U.S. and U.S. Territories
- Overseas dental care through the TRICARE Overseas contractor, International SOS
If you're enrolled in the TRICARE Dental Program when called to active duty:
- Your coverage automatically goes on hold.
- You won’t have to pay while you’re on active duty.
- Your family's enrollment in the TRICARE Dental Program continues with lower monthly premiums.
Your coverage depends on whether or not you qualify for the Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP) when you deactivate.
If You Qualify for TAMP:
- You still have active duty dental benefits during the TAMP period (180-days).
- When TAMP ends, you may enroll in the TRICARE Dental Program.
- If you were enrolled before you went on active duty, your coverage automatically resumes.
- Your family's enrollment in the TRICARE Dental Program continues, but their premiums will return to the pre-activation rates.
If You Don’t Qualify for TAMP: