TRICARE Retiree Dental Program Premium Payment Method to Change
FALLS CHURCH, Va. – Effective October 1, 2013, all TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP) beneficiaries will be required to pay their monthly premiums by an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or through military retired pay allotment. The ability to pay premiums by check or through an online bill pay system will end in September.
Most TRDP enrollees will need to take no action; however, Delta Dental sent letters to all TRDP participants on July 19 with information on where to submit EFT authorization forms and how to submit an EFT authorization online at www.trdp.org.
Delta Dental of California will continue managing the TRICARE Retiree Dental Program through 2018. As a result of this continued relationship, TRDP enhanced program and overseas participants can look forward to several changes effective January 1, 2014.
- An increase in the annual maximum amount for each person enrolled, to $1,300
- Coverage year will run from January 1 through December 31
- Maximums and deductibles will restart every January 1
- An increase in the annual maximum amount for dental accident coverage for each person enrolled, to $1,200
- An increase in the lifetime orthodontic maximum amount for each person enrolled, to $1,750
- A third cleaning allowed for children and adults with documented Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes
- A decrease in monthly premiums
TDRP basic participants can also look forward to a lower premium.
Another new change involves dental enrollment cards. Current dental enrollment cards will remain valid under the new contract; however, verification of TRDP eligibility and enrollment will be managed by Defense Eligibility Enrollment System (DEERS). Since TRDP premiums are based on residential ZIP code and the number of family members enrolled, it important to make sure personal information is current and correct to avoid claim processing delays.
TRICARE Retiree Dental Program is a voluntary, premium based coverage. To get more information about this benefit, visit www.tricare.mil/trdp.