Switching to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery is a Breeze
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery offers low-cost, convenient prescriptions delivered right to you. Switching to Home Delivery is easy, and beneficiaries can choose from several simple options to move their prescriptions. Home Delivery, operated by Express Scripts, works for “maintenance medications,” which are prescriptions you take on a regular basis for chronic health conditions (high cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.).
This allows beneficiaries to get up to a 90-day supply of their medications (versus 30-days from a retail pharmacy). Home Delivery features $0 copays for generic medications and $13 for brand-name medications. The same day-supply through a retail pharmacy would cost $15 and $51, respectively. For more information on Home Delivery, visit www.tricare.mil/homedelivery.
When beneficiaries want to move a prescription to Home Delivery, there are many choices:
- Use the Express Scripts website or mobile app: www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE/homedelivery
- Call the Express Scripts Member Choice Center toll-free at: 877-363-1433
- Ask their doctor to submit their prescription by e-prescribing to Express Scripts Mail Pharmacy
- Have the doctor fax the order form and prescription to Express Scripts at 877-895-1900. Beneficiaries can find the order form at www.express-scripts.com/TRICARE/homedelivery or call Express Scripts at 877-363-1303 to request that a copy by mail.
- Mail the order form and 90-day prescription directly to Express Scripts
PO Box 52150
Phoenix, AZ 85072-9954
The easiest of these options is calling the Member Choice Center. This allows beneficiaries to transfer an existing prescription from a retail pharmacy. Make sure to have the current prescription bottle handy, so the customer service representative can walk through the process. Learn more at www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Pharmacy/FillPrescriptions/HomeDelivery/Register.
The Member Choice Center also lets beneficiaries sign up for automatic refills, to prevent them from running out. Another choice is refill reminders, via phone or email. The whole transfer process only takes about 10 minutes on the phone, and the first prescription should arrive within 10 days after Express Scripts receives approval from your doctor. The Member Choice Center is not for new prescriptions. To learn about starting a new prescription with Home Delivery, visit www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/Pharmacy/FillPrescriptions/HomeDelivery/New.
The Express Scripts mobile app and mobile-optimized website also lets beneficiaries sign up for Home Delivery, get medication reminders, and register their account. The app also includes prescription information and lets beneficiaries order home delivery refills and check order status.